Approximately 1.5 million people in the UK suffer from Sleep Disorders but many will have not been formally diagnosed.
● This book explores the issue of sleep difficulty, an often neglected topic that affects many modern-day executives.
● Provides practical guidance for addressing sleep issues for both individuals and organizations.
● Part of a new series that offers practical and accessible advice on wellbeing issues facing people at work.
● A straightforward guide to sleeping well.
- Publisher: LID Publishing
- ISBN: 978-1-912555-27-7
- FORMAT: 180 x 120mm
- Bookbinding: Hardback
- Number of pages: 128pp
Giles Watkins is a British-born coach and mentor with both Aberkyn and Vistage. Giles has over 30 years of global business and general management experience in enabling decision makers to solve problems, achieve balance, deliver superior results and sleep better at night.
Organizations are becoming increasingly dehumanized. The move toward an AI-driven world of work means intense competition for a finite number of ‘human’ resources where the pressure to perform can incite an “I’m fine” response when a colleague enquires into our wellbeing. Opportunities to connect authentically with or care for one other at a basic human level are diminishing, and we only know our colleagues superficially.
This book argues that human connections are formed by showing vulnerability and sharing stories of suffering. Creating a culture of workplace compassion is an organizational imperative in the 21stcentury where suffering is hidden, stress-related absence is growing and career burnout is a recognized phenomenon. The Human Momentsuggests that, by encouraging cultures of compassion, organizations can help to build healtheir workplace environments.